More (Yawn) pictures of a Theme

This is the place to post your screenshots!

Moderators: Barry Theodore, Steve Sondheimer

Wayne Pierce
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2919.7
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

More (Yawn) pictures of a Theme

Post by Wayne Pierce »

This months Theme flight was in an area of the World that is little explored by the AAV VA. So I thought I would give it a go. Right.

Using a B777 with the Qatar livery as the flight indicated, the early morning flight preps took longer than anticipated, with the sun already up at take off.

Turning East toward India and all points in between an uneventful flight followed;

Landfall over a Desert somewhere.

Then the Monsoon weather set in;

My trusty B77 was doing well, with the weather pushing us around the sky a little and the prepare for landing;

After this I lost my camera in the cockpit as a little problem ensued. I was set up for landing on rwy 29, as the arrival and approach charts sent me that way. I could not see the runway lights for 29 but could for the rest of the airport. With the ILS not seeming to work, I went manual. As I got closer and lower I still could not see the lights on the runway. I soon realized that there WAS NO RUNWAY 29 on the flight simulator. Just open fields. It wasn't modeled. So a hurried go around to anywhere took place. All worked out in the end as I did make it down, safely.

So, if anyone flies this don't expect RWY 29.
Thanks