Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2919.7
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Re: Vatsim Time Question

Post by Wayne Pierce »

Brad Douglas wrote:Well, I'm gonna try online for my first time :shock: I wanted to get some basics squared away first:

1.) When submitting a flight plan to VATSIM on there web page there is a section box asking for departure time and so on. Now I know my flight time for AA4132 KORD to KMCI is 06:50 scheduled. Do they want the actual time in the real world I plan to do my flight or the time given by the AAV timetable?

2.) Lastly, I've observed some ATC departures from O'hare with pilots using the O'hare5 SID. A lot of the RNAV waypoints i.e. BACEN, BLOKR ect. are not in FSX or my ERJ FMS as well as most of my planes. Same goes for some STAR's I.E. BULLZ1 arrival. What do you do mid-flight if you can't identify a specific waypoint the controller routes you to ? Just don't want to look stupid here. And is there a program that can help with this issue.

Thanks for your time guys.....
Brad Douglas
Brad, You fly your time on your FS program when the flight your flying is for a FREQ. It doesn't matter what the real world time is on VATSIM. They ask for a departure time on the flight plan which is in real time so the controller will know when you plan to take off. It is separate from your computer FS time. Make sure you fly and file the correct times according your FREQ ZULU.

i.e. FREQ 1500hours local time, 2100ZULU time.. VATSIM time (real world) 08:00 1400 ZULU

#2 Hope fully you use the most current charts that has the SID's and STAR's and then use it. To find a waypoint not in the FSX NAV system needs another way. They are not updated for FSX. If you have an aircraft that can use the payware NAVIGRAPH updates then there will be no problem for the FMC to navigate there. Or like many do is use a 3rd party GPS program. I use FSCommander which is updated with NAVIGRAPH and it shows the newest waypoints. Either way is $$ for the programs to use.
Or just ask for a heading from ATC and go until he says otherwise. :) Any problems you have on VATSIM just tell the ATC that your not familiar yet and they will give you all the help you need.

I use the Wilco ERJ and have NAVIGRAPH updates so have not run into any problems.

WLP