Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2919.7
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Re: Uncontrolled airports........

Post by Wayne Pierce »

Brad, These are good questions. Here, however, the questions you ask are easy to answer, but will you get the answers to questions they then raise.

Are you new to VATSIM? If so then like the AAV they also have a policy manual which spells out very plainly on how to operate in their environment.

This link is to VATSIM. It has very good answers and instructions on how to fly, virtually and on the VATISM network. This page opens up with a general statement.At the bottom right of the page are the instruction links. They are extensive.

http://www.vatsim.net/prc/prc-basics/

Here is the anwers; 122.80 . Text your intentions ONLY if someone will be affected. So your late. No one knows your there if no ATC is on and sqwak VFR - 1200 or IFR -2200.

:wink:
Wayne Pierce
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2919.7
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Re: Uncontrolled airports........

Post by Wayne Pierce »

Brad, this is a little blurb about VATSIM and especially if your new to the game. WRITE every instruction down on paper.

i.e.. R 240deg clm fl120, etc.. I use arrows on the paper for direction to turn and up and down instructions.

You will need to repeat all ATC instructions back and it helpS you if you can read instead of "remembering" everything they say. You can't, believe me. Especially the initial clearance read back instructions. I forgot the phrase to remember it by, but, it is the same format each time.

Many times you will encounter the "voice of VATSIM" of whom one cannot understand no matter how hard you listen or turn up the volume. It isn't fun but it happens. Frustration levels increase because of it. Texting is an option if you cannnot understand.

If your around on Friday & Sunday evenings join our GFI's and we will help you.

Good luck