Teamspeak normal use

Let us know if there is something you would like to see or if you encounter problems

Moderator: Michael Blakely

Maratib Ali
Position: Pilot
Hub: KJFK
AAV Total Hours: 699.9
Previous VA Hours: 218.8
Current Bid: AAL2773 KJFK-KDCA
AAL2123 KDCA-KLGA
AAL466 KDCA-KORD
AAL228 KORD-KDTW
AAL1967 KDTW-KPHL
AAL1684 KPHL-KATL
AAL1618 KATL-KMIA
AAL1532 KMIA-MPTO
AAL1474 MPTO-KMIA
AAL1626 KMIA-KLGA

Teamspeak normal use

Post by Maratib Ali »

We have teamspeak i know,but we only use it during GFI's,i mean is there a way that AAV pilots who don't fly GFI know that it exists so that while normal flying they if they want get online on teamspeak as well and get to chat with fellow AAV pilots,can this be done,normally i never see anyone online on teamspeak except for GFI.
Wayne Pierce
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2919.7
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Re: Teamspeak normal use

Post by Wayne Pierce »

The teamspeak 3 that we use for the GFI's is not an official TSP3 for the AAV. We as a virtual airlines do not have one. The TSP3 service is provided to us by Jose S., AAV2, via the good graces of his ZFW ARTCC for VATSIM.

Is is available for all members to use. We don't advertise it as it is not "ours", the AAV. To use it one has to be a member and search the forums for the connection data, or ask via your hub manager for the particulars.

It has been brought up many times that it is available for our use and is posted on the calendar on the GFI page for all members to see how to connect.

If any member wants to use it they can and several of us use it quite frequently when not flying the GFI's.

If there is nobody on the channel then no one has anything to say. :)

At times you can go on the VATSPY or SERV INFO for VATSIM and see a member flying on line, go to the teamspeak channel to see if they are logged on. If they are, grrrrreat.

WLP
Theodore Martin
Screenshot Contest Winner x10
Screenshot Contest Winner x10
Position: DFW Hub Manager
Hub: KDFW
Residence: Dallas, TX
AAV Total Hours: 3172.8
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Re: Teamspeak normal use

Post by Theodore Martin »

Because of my hub manager duties and my RW life, I don't get a chance to fly bids like I did previously. The only flying I seem to get in is the Friday GFI. However, previously when I did bid flights I would log on to TS (or the other audio channel we had prior to TS). If no one was there I would remain on the channel for 15min or 20min. then logoff.

For the last bid I completed I mostly had to fly it late at night when there were very few ATC's logged on and no AAV pilots.
Theodore "Ted" Martin
DFW Hub Mgr.
AAV537
ImageImage