ATR72 replacement

This forum is for discussion of the AAV fleet. Additions? Updates? Suggestions and comments welcome!

Moderator: Barry Theodore

Wayne Pierce
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2919.7
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Re: ATR72 replacement

Post by Wayne Pierce »

David, Welcome to our gang.

The answer to your question is no. As long as the ATR is still in use with the affiliates for AAL and it is on the roster it is the aircraft of assignment for the DFWT HUB. I.e. AAL4845 / EGF4845 from TJSJ.

Your question has been asked several times. Many of us have the F1 ATR , myself included, and it does work with FSX as we fly it quite often on the GFI's.

Our web site has a basic ATR for FSX downloadable which works well with FSX. It is very basic in terms of aircraft procedures but has is what is required of a new "trainee" at DFWT.

ATR FSX
http://www.aavirtual.com/modules.php?s= ... cat=public

The JS41 is a RETRO certified aircraft. See the POH for those requirements.

Please contact the training HUB manager for any details you may require or questions.

Thank you.
Theodore Martin
Screenshot Contest Winner x10
Position: DFW Hub Manager
Hub: KDFW
Residence: Dallas, TX
AAV Total Hours: 3172.8

Post by Theodore Martin »

David,
I also used the AAV ATR with FSX and it worked well for me. It doesn't have a FMS and I found the flap gauge does not read correctly but it is flyable. I downloaded a ATR (I can't say exactly which one since I am at work) but I used the panel from that a/c on the AAV fleet ATR and it worked better (even got accurate flap indications). When I get home I can give you more details on what a/c I used.
Theodore "Ted" Martin
DFW Hub Mgr.
AAV537
ImageImage

Theodore Martin
Position: DFW Hub Manager
Hub: KDFW
Residence: Dallas, TX
AAV Total Hours: 3172.8

Post by Theodore Martin »

What I said earlier was not exactly correct. I actually downloaded the ARNZ ATR72 freeware and then changed to panel on it. The panel I used came from a freeware ATR72 that was called the "ATR 72-500 Denmark Package". I don't know the author but he took an ATR by Francisco Sánchez-Castañer and added a panel by Claus Vendelboe Holmberg and some other enhancements. I used that panel on the ARNZ ATR. It works very well except for one problem. Some of the switches were ported from FS98 and will not port to FSX, so you get several error messages when the a/c loads. However they are non-important switches such as the No Smoking switch.
Theodore "Ted" Martin
DFW Hub Mgr.
AAV537
ImageImage