Say it aint so!!

This forum is for discussion of the AAV fleet. Additions? Updates? Suggestions and comments welcome!

Moderator: Barry Theodore

Theodore Martin
Screenshot Contest Winner x10
Position: DFW Hub Manager
Hub: KDFW
Residence: Dallas, TX
AAV Total Hours: 3172.8
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Re: Say it aint so!!

Post by Theodore Martin »

Like you the LevelD 767 is one of my favorite a/c. However I have Windows 7 and not 8 so can't help you very much. I do have the CaptainSim 777 and I ended up hating the concept they had of releasing a beta version of the a/c for people to purchase and fixing the many issues over time and providing numerous updates. And the documentation CS has for the T7 is atrocious.

I disliked the CS 777 so much that I purchased the much more expensive T7 from PMDG. It is a great plane with a very good FMS. The only issue I've had with it so far is when disengaging the autopilot I haven't found out how to turn off the subsequent alarm. It gets very annoying when making your final approach, landing, and taxing to the gate. Again I have Windows 7 and can't tell you how this a/c would function with Windows 8 (if it does at all). Also the documentation for this a/c is significantly better.

I will say I have the C-130 from CaptainSim and really like that a/c. It flies well with many functioning systems and animation. Again documentation is lacking and there is an issue with the engine startup sequence (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it starts 2 of the 4 engines).

Bottom line - I like the CS C-130, hate the CS 777, the documentation sucks, and in general don't like CaptainSim.

Just my 2 cents...
Theodore "Ted" Martin
DFW Hub Mgr.
AAV537
ImageImage

Harold Henderson
Screenshot Contest Winner x13
Screenshot Contest Winner x13
Position: KPHX Hub Manager
Hub: KPHX
Residence: Knoxville, TN
AAV Total Hours: 3563.3

Post by Harold Henderson »

Theodore Martin wrote:... I purchased the much more expensive T7 from PMDG. It is a great plane with a very good FMS. The only issue I've had with it so far is when disengaging the autopilot I haven't found out how to turn off the subsequent alarm ...
I think there's a button on the yoke that will do this???
Wisdom begins when you finally realize someone else is in charge of the universe.
ImageImage

VATSIM Flight Tracking Info
Theodore Martin
Position: DFW Hub Manager
Hub: KDFW
Residence: Dallas, TX
AAV Total Hours: 3172.8

Post by Theodore Martin »

Aj Pongress wrote:
Theodore Martin wrote:I purchased the much more expensive T7 from PMDG. It is a great plane with a very good FMS. The only issue I've had with it so far is when disengaging the autopilot I haven't found out how to turn off the subsequent alarm.
You can assign a key or joystick button to the AP quick disconnect through the CDU options for key assignments.
One push disables the autopilot, another push silences the alarm.
This is covered in the introduction pdf plus lots of other useful info.
What!!!! I have to read the manual... :shock: :mrgreen: :D
Theodore "Ted" Martin
DFW Hub Mgr.
AAV537
ImageImage