Flight One ATR Text-o-Matic Issue

Here's the place to post technical questions about computer systems, optimal performance, hardware upgrades, and how to set the clock on your VCR.

Moderators: Michael Blakely, Todd Meek

Wayne Pierce
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2919.7
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Re: Flight One ATR Text-o-Matic Issue

Post by Wayne Pierce »

Mitch, looking a my text-o-matic, which I have used many times, you need to make sure the file your loading is NOT the one that ends in - a - . That is the alpha reflective channel and all will be grey in color. Also the text o matic should be operated from the F1 software folder in the FSX main directory where the ATR files are kept.

This is a hard program to keep in mind how to use it for another application.

Hope fully you have the ATR Paint with the two texture files.

If all else fails the manual is there also.

WLP
Wayne Pierce
Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2919.7
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Re: Flight One ATR Text-o-Matic Issue

Post by Wayne Pierce »

Welcome Chris,

The textomatic is downloadable from F1 or I think it comes with the aircraft, I am not sure anymore.

Extract the atr72-500 eagle zip file to the text-o-matic template folder located in the /Microsoft flight simulator x/flight one software/Text-o-Matic/template.

You will have several image files, a read me, and the ATR72-500_Eagle and ATR72-500_Eagle_a files.

Start F1 text-O-Matic. This is in the /Microsoft flight simulator x/flight one software/Text-o-Matic/ directory, this is the main directory of FSX, and click on start wizard.

If you put the files in the correct folder as I have said here, the text o matic will show the ATR 72-500-32bit Textures label, Highlight it and click the blue arrow.

It will then say no template selected, click on the little blue airplane next to the words, no template.

It will then open up the extracted ATR eagle files you put in the template folder. click on the ATR-Eagle pictures with the colored ATR on it, it shows views of the whole plane in pieces. Do not click on the file with the _a .

Follow the rest of the text o matic filing in the appropriate AAL and eagle names as asked for.

It will put the texture in the FSX airplane folder for you.

After the text o matic makes the texture.aal folder in FSX you can copy that texture file and next time just copy and paste it into the ATR aircraft folder and make the entry for it in the cfg. Make a backup of the files.

Good Luck