Windows 10

Here's the place to post technical questions about computer systems, optimal performance, hardware upgrades, and how to set the clock on your VCR.

Moderators: Michael Blakely, Todd Meek

Theodore Martin
Screenshot Contest Winner x10
Position: DFW Hub Manager
Hub: KDFW
Residence: Dallas, TX
AAV Total Hours: 3172.8
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Re: Windows 10

Post by Theodore Martin »

Bert, thanks for the update. I almost took the plunge myself but decided the upgrade to Windows 10 was not worth the time needed to resolve issues and possibly lose a couple of older applications that I utilize. I'm going to wait awhile before making that step but I've already started collecting data on the problems and their solutions that others run into with the upgrade.
Theodore "Ted" Martin
DFW Hub Mgr.
AAV537
ImageImage

Michael Blakely
Screenshot Contest Winner x7
Screenshot Contest Winner x7
Position: CEO
Hub: KDCA
Residence: San Diego (North County)
AAV Total Hours: 3485.5
Current Bid: COMPLETED KJFK-KDFW
COMPLETED KDFW-KIAD
COMPLETED KIAD-KDFW
AAL2248 KDFW-KSFO
ASA915 KSFO-KSEA
ASA672 KSEA-KDEN
AAL2771 KDEN-KORD
AAL1918 KORD-KPHX
AAL1945 KPHX-KDFW
AAL2437 KDFW-KLAX

Post by Michael Blakely »

My computer is trying really hard to upgrade to Windows 10 without me.

In the last 2 days It keeps self-initiating the upgrade process and I've had to force the upgrade to stop 3 times. Lucky I can always click on the "I don't accept the license agreement" box to stop it.
Mike

Bid Theme: Back in the USA
Theodore Martin
Position: DFW Hub Manager
Hub: KDFW
Residence: Dallas, TX
AAV Total Hours: 3172.8
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Post by Theodore Martin »

Michael Blakely wrote:My computer is trying really hard to upgrade to Windows 10 without me.

In the last 2 days It keeps self-initiating the upgrade process and I've had to force the upgrade to stop 3 times. Lucky I can always click on the "I don't accept the license agreement" box to stop it.
Yeah, I downloaded the free Windows 10 upgrade thinking it was just an an initial install file I could keep so I didn't lose the free upgrade capability but I could wait to run it whenever I finally decided to jump in. Now I periodically get the automatice Windows 10 update request. Luckily I've set my computer up to let me choose the updates I want to install.

Almost screwed up once. Computer notified me there were updates to install when I shutdown. I was just about to shutdown so it would start the updates and at the last minute decided to look at the list of updates. To my surprise Windows 10 was one of the updates scheduled. :shock: :(
Theodore "Ted" Martin
DFW Hub Mgr.
AAV537
ImageImage