New Computer, New issues...

Here's the place to post technical questions about computer systems, optimal performance, hardware upgrades, and how to set the clock on your VCR.

Moderators: Michael Blakely, Todd Meek

Wayne Pierce
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2919.7
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Re: New Computer, New issues...

Post by Wayne Pierce »

Sergio, gee, that is too bad.

Some things I have done to get rid of problems with the confuser and the FS programs. It sounds like your computer is trying to perform a windows function and stops the FS program to do it.

;If you use FSUIPC make sure the auto save function is set to off.
;Stop all virus programs and try the simulator. Mcafee and Norton do not like what we do. The Microsoft essentials works well, but windows 10 does not use it, only MS defender.
; If you are using WIN10 with FS... too bad. Certain combinations of your hardware do not agree on the same things.
; Start the computer with only the bare essentials activated. Only those programs needed to operate the computer. No extra stuff that you always had loaded and used.
;I have found in the past that the MSFS does not like the newest drivers for your graphics card, I had to roll back to an older driver to get it too work Which one do you use Nvidia? or the other brands you preferred.
:It doesn't matter if you use MSFS or LMP3DV3.4, if the computer may still want to do things on its own anyway.
;Try without any tweaks to the CFG file. If it works better then tweak up from there.
;Get a new computer. OH, it is. :wink:

Good luck fella.

Wayne
Theodore Martin
Screenshot Contest Winner x10
Screenshot Contest Winner x10
Position: DFW Hub Manager
Hub: KDFW
Residence: Dallas, TX
AAV Total Hours: 3172.8

Post by Theodore Martin »

Sounds all too familiar. This is the problem I had when Microsoft in their "wisdom" automatically upgraded my computer to Win 10. I tried everything...rebuilding my CFG file, tweeking settings, all versions of Automationcore, and more. I only use Microsoft Essentials for virus protection (which was replaced by Microsoft Defender) so I don't think antivirus had anything to do with it, and I can't say for sure but I think I even disabled it at one point as a test. I searched the Internet for solutions and found only one potential solution that would have required a complex change to a Windows file (Opencl_dll reported an error if you ran a specific utility file) and after further investigation I felt this was not the issue.

I did find that rolling back my Nvidia graphics driver to the version I previously used seemed to help (changed interval of lockups) but did not eliminate the problem. I also found that Windows 10 kept updating my driver no matter how often I rolled it back or attempted to keep it from updating.

Good luck finding the problem and when you do please tell us your resolution.
Theodore "Ted" Martin
DFW Hub Mgr.
AAV537
ImageImage

Michael Blakely
Screenshot Contest Winner x7
Position: CEO
Hub: KDCA
Residence: San Diego (North County)
AAV Total Hours: 3485.5
Current Bid: COMPLETED KJFK-KDFW
COMPLETED KDFW-KIAD
COMPLETED KIAD-KDFW
AAL2248 KDFW-KSFO
ASA915 KSFO-KSEA
ASA672 KSEA-KDEN
AAL2771 KDEN-KORD
AAL1918 KORD-KPHX
AAL1945 KPHX-KDFW
AAL2437 KDFW-KLAX

Post by Michael Blakely »

I had the MD-11 freeze for 10 minutes at a time, but it occurred about once every 50 minutes, not 5. After making several changes to fix this, I noticed the most improvement when I set my frame rates to "unlimited" instead of trying to lock to a specific value.

I also agree with the suggestion you may need to roll back your graphics driver version.

I was reading this weekend about how PMDG stopped selling and supporting the MD-11 in 2016 due to the effort it took to support Win-10 drivers. I know I'll need to move off Win 7 someday. It's kind of sad to know my MD-11 days are numbered.
Mike

Bid Theme: Back in the USA
Michael Blakely
COMPLETED KDFW-KIAD
COMPLETED KIAD-KDFW
AAL2248 KDFW-KSFO
ASA915 KSFO-KSEA
ASA672 KSEA-KDEN
AAL2771 KDEN-KORD
AAL1918 KORD-KPHX
AAL1945 KPHX-KDFW
AAL2437 KDFW-KLAX

Excellent!
Mike

Harold Henderson
Screenshot Contest Winner x13
Screenshot Contest Winner x13
Position: KPHX Hub Manager
Hub: KPHX
Residence: Knoxville, TN
AAV Total Hours: 3563.3

Post by Harold Henderson »

Sergio Sanchez wrote:ok... so I updated the audio drivers per an AVSIM post in the PMDG forums...
Was this related to the particular audio chip or card you're using? Post a link to the article. Might help others.
Wisdom begins when you finally realize someone else is in charge of the universe.
ImageImage

VATSIM Flight Tracking Info
Norberto Rivera
Position: CLT Commander Extraordinaire
Hub: RETIRED
Residence: Sterling, VA
AAV Total Hours: 2667.4
Current Bid: COMPLETED KPSP-KDFW
COMPLETED KDFW-KSHV
COMPLETED KSHV-KDFW
AAL2731 KDFW-KPSP

Post by Norberto Rivera »

Sergio Sanchez wrote:Harold, I updated my Realtek drivers... Heres the link to the AVSIM post.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/432227-8-min ... -solution/

Currently I'm flying my beloved MD11 back to DFW... I'll post my landing rate (hopefully) in a few hours...

***** and... lockup... :cry:

Wow! You mean your landing rate was so high you locked up your computer??? Now THAT takes talent! Hats off to you mijo! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you get it worked out soon. I'm sorry I can't think of any suggestions. I tried Win10 but rolled my machine back to Win7 after just a weekend.
Norberto "Bert" Rivera
AAV476
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
"I'm not a real pilot, but I play one on VATSIM"
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
"Sarcasm is just one more service I offer"

Current bid theme: Random Airbus Bid
Check out my aircraft pics on Flightaware.
Tom Pletzke
Screenshot Contest Winner x4
Screenshot Contest Winner x4
Position: Miami Hub Manager
Hub: RETIRED
Residence: Michigan
AAV Total Hours: 1456.1
Current Bid: COMPLETED KORD-KCLT
COMPLETED KCLT-KLAX
COMPLETED KLAX-KCLT
COMPLETED KCLT-TIST
AA803 TIST-KCLT
AA2039 KCLT-KTPA
AA712 KTPA-KDCA
AA899 KDCA-KFLL
AA447 KFLL-KCLT
AA622 KCLT-KORD

Post by Tom Pletzke »

With a new computer, I would use new software. Try X-Plane. I think the graphics really excel on the new computers. I think there is a new version coming out that I know I will be getting. I use X-Plane now and it is very good. I know you probably infested a lot of money in FSX but I would at least give it a look.
Tom Pletzke
AAV558
Miami Hub Manager
American Airlines Virtual

Tom Pletzke Tracking Vatsim Info
Michael Blakely
COMPLETED KDFW-KIAD
COMPLETED KIAD-KDFW
AAL2248 KDFW-KSFO
ASA915 KSFO-KSEA
ASA672 KSEA-KDEN
AAL2771 KDEN-KORD
AAL1918 KORD-KPHX
AAL1945 KPHX-KDFW
AAL2437 KDFW-KLAX

Tom Pletzke wrote:With a new computer, I would use new software. Try X-Plane. I think the graphics really excel on the new computers. I think there is a new version coming out that I know I will be getting. I use X-Plane now and it is very good. I know you probably infested a lot of money in FSX but I would at least give it a look.
...but.... then we would have no PMDG MD-11 (sniffing back tears) :(

I totally get where Sergio is coming from. I loved the RFP 747-200 in FS9. So many systems on an older, less automated plane. I hated to give that one up, but eventually the lure of FSX scenery overcame the time it took to keep both FS9 and FSX up to date.

I"ll feel the same way when I lose the MD-11 to the march of time and technology.

I put my hope in future technology when I can fly ANY plane on an awesome simulator (think start trek holo deck).
Mike

Hebert Augusto Africano Linares
Position: Pilot
Hub: KDFW
Residence: Valera Estado Trujillo, Venezuela
AAV Total Hours: 3491.35
Previous VA Hours: 1898.9
Current Bid: COMPLETED KDFW-SAEZ
COMPLETED SAEZ-KJFK
COMPLETED KJFK-EGLL
COMPLETED EGLL-KMIA
COMPLETED KMIA-KSFO
COMPLETED KSFO-KJFK
LAN533 KJFK-SCEL
LAN532 SCEL-KJFK
AAL1357 KJFK-KMIA
AAL1226 KMIA-KDFW

Post by Hebert Augusto Africano Linares »

FSX Fiber Accelerator v1.2 Full

Hello Sergio, Try this simple tool.
Here I put what the "simple" FSPS-Fiber Accelerator tool could do.
I use version 1.2 and I do very well, although there is an improved version.
If you do not know it, there is a first time. If they do not get it on the internet, they let me know and I'm happy to do so.

"FSX Fiber Accelerator: Application to improve the performance of FSX
When we thought that all the tricks had been gutted and to have to improve the performance of FSX appears this new tool, FSX Fiber Accelerator, which promises what we all have always wanted: the best performance in every moment.
How do you do it?
By making a redistribution of resources, why prosecute what is far above or far below us? Better to concentrate the resources of the computer in what we see and need in each moment. Therefore, what FSX Fiber Accelerator promises is not a change in fsx.cfg that permanently modifies FSX behavior, but rather a dynamic analysis and change that optimizes FSX flights consistently.
The configuration also promises to be simple:
You start FSX and define the desired number of frames, which will be the maximum number of frames per second FSX will generate for an absolutely fluid and "appetizing" flight (usually 30 is usually a good number). Then you define FSX Fiber Accelerator a lower number, Which will be the one you will have in those scenarios or more complex situations (for me it would be somewhere between 18 and 20) and FSX Fiber Accelerator takes care of the rest. That is, to regulate the different parameters of quality so that even in the "hardest" situations you always have a minimum of fluency. And the good part is, as we have said before, it does not take quality from everything, but it stops drawing what you do not see and do not need".

Oh and excuse my bad English!
Greetings to all
Hebert Augusto Africano Linares
AAV819

Rey Ramon
Screenshot Contest Winner x1
Screenshot Contest Winner x1
Position: A Senior Pilot
Hub: KPHL
Residence: Wilmington, DE
AAV Total Hours: 2537.2
Current Bid: COMPLETED KBOS-KDCA
COMPLETED KDCA-KMIA
AAL1191 KMIA-MZBZ
AAL926 MZBZ-KDFW
AAL1036 KDFW-KMCI
AAL1029 KMCI-KDCA
AAL1630 KDCA-KORD

Post by Rey Ramon »

OMG I've been away for too long! What the heck is Automationcore?!?!!??! And what more...why am I still awake this late. Not gonna want to wake up in the morning for work. On the plus side, I've reactivated my Vatsim Account!!!