Fly Tampa KBOS scenery help

Here's the place to post technical questions about computer systems, optimal performance, hardware upgrades, and how to set the clock on your VCR.

Moderators: Michael Blakely, Todd Meek

Michael Natale
Position: KORD Hub Manager
Hub: RETIRED
Residence: Florida
AAV Total Hours: 3933.5
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Fly Tampa KBOS scenery help

Post by Michael Natale »

I recently purchased FlyTampa KBOS and KSEA. I installed both of these payware sceneires without problem. Yesterday I downloaded some freeware scenery for KPHL, KBWI and KPVD from Flightsim.com. I installed KBWI scenery last as per the directions to include novatx1.zip/novatx2.zip and novatg1.zip and fs9jets2.zip. Very simple installs that seemed to work until I loaded the BWI scenery files. After doing that my FS froze. I went back and deleted all the KBWI files in the Addon Scenery/scenery and /texture sub folders. FT KBOS and KSEA maintain thier own scenery/texture folders within the main Addon Scenery file. I went back to load FS9 and KBOS was gone however KSEA still works fine. All my other payware scenery is fine except I cannot get FS KBOS to display after uninstall and re-installing it. No default KBOS, no add on KBOS scenery. The wierd thing is that some of the surrounding eye candy is there such as the city scape, just un-numbered runways and taxi way markings without taxi ways. No terminal or anything.Any ideas what might have happened or what I can do to fix it. FlyTampa has not sent a very good response......They believe I just installed an update without the base files. I went back to the original downlaod link entered all the necessary info to activate the project etc, ..it woked OK originally. I am running FS9 on a Dell Studio XPS with Wind 7

Thanks Mike Natale
Wayne Pierce
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2919.7
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: AAL1407 KPHX-KBOS
CHART KBOS-KDEN
AAL1037 KDEN-KPHX

Re: Fly Tampa KBOS scenery help

Post by Wayne Pierce »

Hopefully you did not erase the base .bgl files by accident. If it doesn't come back with the new install you may have trouble. :(
I might suggest a system restore to your last restore point before you installed this scenery. That of course is if you had one recently. Just a suggestion.
I have the KBOS and really like it. The freeware for FS9 was great but now I have the payware for FSX.
Good luck

WLP
Michael Natale

Post by Michael Natale »

Wayne;
As always thanks for your prompt attention and help. In an effort to have some KBOS scenery until I figured this out, I installed a self-install pack from FLIGHTSIM.COM. This restored the Fly Tampa KBOS scenery, which really is gorgeous if you are a native New Englander like me. Don't know what it may have done, but I have read about some sensitivity with the .bgl files. I looked and it was installed with the freeware addon I donwlaoded which somehow restored the payware. I'm very confused, but I'm a renewed believer in the self install payware at this point.

Thanks Wayne..

BTW, outstanding 7-4 on our home page, I have to put my sunglasses on just to look at it......LOL
Wayne Pierce
CHART KBOS-KDEN
AAL1037 KDEN-KPHX

Post by Wayne Pierce »

I just updated my own copy of the Fly Tampa KBOS. Was a little wary at first.It loaded great.

I think I will put together a Heavy metal GFI from KBOS to ?? for this months Heavy metal flight. Let's fly to get some Chowda'
Michael Natale

Post by Michael Natale »

I don't know exactly what I did, I placed the .BFG file in the addon secenry/scenry folder and that did it. Thanks for the help
Wayne Pierce
CHART KBOS-KDEN
AAL1037 KDEN-KPHX

Post by Wayne Pierce »

Michael Natale wrote:I don't know exactly what I did, I placed the .BFG file in the addon secenry/scenry folder and that did it. Thanks for the help
May I ask what a .BFG file is ? Sounds interesting. :lol:

WLP
Michael Natale

Post by Michael Natale »

I do not have any advanced computer programing background. The .BFG file that comes with this scenery has to be placed in the right folder according to customer support. I was told to make sure the files were in the right folder and when doing so I noticed the boston .bfg file was erased manually. so I placed the backup copy in the scenery folder and the scenery came back. Is it an extension for some type of driver maybe?