details in flight sim pictures

This is the place to post your screenshots!

Moderators: Barry Theodore, Steve Sondheimer

Wayne Pierce
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2919.7
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: AAL1407 KPHX-KBOS
CHART KBOS-KDEN
AAL1037 KDEN-KPHX

details in flight sim pictures

Post by Wayne Pierce »

When I started in the Wonderful World of Flight Simming the virtual world looked neat, but pretty cheesy. (dating myself with these phrases)

Now with the new and improved Flight Sims one can immerse themselves with a good virtual representation of the real world and its activities.

Lockheed Martin's P3D and the many scenery designers are doing a "bang up" job of this virtual representation of the real world and its activities.

This first shot shows the new Avatar mode in P3DV3. It lets you walk around everywhere with a person. The stock fella is a civilian wearing a white shirt and blue pants. I purchased a whole set of military type Avatars, so this one is an aircraft carrier flight deck crewman in Yellow. They are used mostly for the military aircraft jockeys at their AO's. I chose this one to oversee the loading of the luggage on my PMDG 737. This is at the Latin VFR KSAN airport product.

(right mouse click to open up in a new tab for larger picture)

Here is an outside view of the groundside loading and OPS during preflight, also at the Latin VFR KSAN airport product.
I use the FSDreamteam GSX services for the ground operations shown here. Also with this picture I am showing the entire screenshot as taken in the Flight sim. None of the pictures I post are enhanced out of the Sim.

(right mouse click to open up in a new tab for larger picture)

A total flight immersion feeling is what I am striving for. The drawback is "Ya gotta PAY for it". No freebies for this type of look. I guess that is why I am by myself and broke all month.

Take care.
Theodore Martin
Screenshot Contest Winner x10
Screenshot Contest Winner x10
Position: DFW Hub Manager
Hub: KDFW
Residence: Dallas, TX
AAV Total Hours: 3178
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: COMPLETED KDFW-MKJS
AAL1248 MKJS-KMIA
AAL1276 KMIA-KDFW

Re: details in flight sim pictures

Post by Theodore Martin »

I like the Avatar ground crew. Really adds to the sim....
Theodore "Ted" Martin
DFW Hub Mgr.
AAV537
ImageImage