Private Messages (PMs)

Let us know if there is something you would like to see or if you encounter problems

Moderator: Michael Blakely

Wayne Pierce
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2919.7
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: AAL1407 KPHX-KBOS
CHART KBOS-KDEN
AAL1037 KDEN-KPHX

Re: Private Messages (PMs)

Post by Wayne Pierce »

Patrick, Private messages are not the best way to go. Unless "you" look at the top of the forum screen page and the tiny words that say new message in red, it will go un-noticed. I just looked at my messages and I had two I did not know I had. You should use the better method of contact via e-mail directly. Now, I see your FREP on your HUB page, and for some reasons know only to the CG "Computer Gods" the email notice to your HUB manager will not be sent when you submit a FREP. It has happened to me/you at the training HUB,... a lot. Then and only then if the HUB manager looks at the page for pending FREP's/ FREQ's will he see one waiting. If no notice then no lookey.

I look several times a day to keep up on things. Others do not or cannot. Here is what many do. If you are sure your FREP is correct then fly the next one and file it. If you need to wait for it to be marked completed then ya gotta wait.
And another thing. The submitting of a FREP doesn't mean it is going to be on the web site immediately. I have seen it take up to two day to get posted and then instantly also.

Keep flying with a smile :-)

Wayne
Harold Henderson
Screenshot Contest Winner x13
Position: KPHX Hub Manager
Residence: Knoxville, TN
AAV Total Hours: 3564.1
Current Bid: COMPLETED KPHX-KNYL
SKW2967 KNYL-KPHX

Post by Harold Henderson »

Patrick Oneill wrote: 10-01-2020 08:20 PM Hello

Ive tried sending 3 private messages to my Hub manager to approve FREPs which remain unapproved for some time; so after clicking "submit" it says your message has been sent but they all actually remain in the Outbox so Im fairly sure they aint getting thru.

Thanks
Pat
Pat, as Wayne said, it is best to use email rather than PM as I am checking email many times a day and generally only once the AAVirtual forums where the itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny red PM notification in the far upper right corner of my rightmost monitor is located. That said, I am setup for PMs to automatically send me an email notification, but I have not received emails on your 3 PMs. I have asked Mike Blakely to see if there is a problem here.

RE your FREP issue: I have not seen your FREP for ASA1935 per the below email exchange on 9/26. Have you re-filed it?
O'Neill Missing Frep .jpg
O'Neill Missing Frep .jpg (33.02 KiB) Viewed 7735 times
Wisdom begins when you finally realize someone else is in charge of the universe.
ImageImage

VATSIM Flight Tracking Info
Michael Blakely
Screenshot Contest Winner x7
Screenshot Contest Winner x7
Position: CEO
Hub: KDCA
Residence: San Diego (North County)
AAV Total Hours: 3485.5
Current Bid: COMPLETED KJFK-KDFW
COMPLETED KDFW-KIAD
COMPLETED KIAD-KDFW
AAL2248 KDFW-KSFO
ASA915 KSFO-KSEA
ASA672 KSEA-KDEN
AAL2771 KDEN-KORD
AAL1918 KORD-KPHX
AAL1945 KPHX-KDFW
AAL2437 KDFW-KLAX

Post by Michael Blakely »

I think email notifications for new Private Messages (PMs) was mis-configured.
I just re-configured and tested and it worked for me.
I would love some feedback from others. Are PM email notifications working for you now?
NOTE: You have to enable PM email notifications in your User Control Panel - Board Preferences - Edit Notification Options - Someone Sends You a Private Message - EMAIL check box
Mike

Bid Theme: Back in the USA
Harold Henderson
Position: KPHX Hub Manager
Residence: Knoxville, TN
AAV Total Hours: 3564.1
Current Bid: COMPLETED KPHX-KNYL
SKW2967 KNYL-KPHX

Post by Harold Henderson »

Working for me, now.

Thanks for all your hard work, Mike!
Wisdom begins when you finally realize someone else is in charge of the universe.
ImageImage

VATSIM Flight Tracking Info