IFLy 737NG

This forum is for discussion of the AAV fleet. Additions? Updates? Suggestions and comments welcome!

Moderator: Barry Theodore

Michael Natale
Position: KORD Hub Manager
Hub: RETIRED
Residence: Florida
AAV Total Hours: 3933.5
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

IFLy 737NG

Post by Michael Natale »

Any recomendations or experience with this product?
Michael Natale

Re: IFLy 737NG

Post by Michael Natale »

thanks Balint
Michael Natale

Re: iFLy 737NG

Post by Michael Natale »

For those interested, I just purchased this product. I flew a straight forward flight KLGA to KBWI. What a great aircraft. Beautiful external textures! Far and away exceeds PMDG's product. CDU is much more programable and the aircraft handles much better than the PMDG. I have no experience flying the real thing, but those of you out there know what I am talking about when you start your takeoff roll fully loaded and are airborne in 3000 feet. That has always annoyed me. Unrealistic. Try the iFLy 737-900 loaded at 85% and you'll see very little runway left in front of you when you rotate (KLGA R31). A very nice 500+ page PDF manual comes with it. It is my understanding that the PMDG AIRAC files work for this product. The CDU is much more advanced as are the systmes. Outstanding product. I will not wait for the PMDG 737-NGX at 100+ dollars! For $55.00 USD, I am parking my PMDG and I now have the 737 600-900 with much more realism!
Michael Natale

Re: IFLy 737NG

Post by Michael Natale »

Sergio, the VC seems detailed but I am a 2D cockpit guy so I would not be the best judge. I can say that the CDU is much better than the PMDG with more options for instrument approaches other than Basic ILS. DME arcs available too. The flight model is slightly superior as well. Presurazation system more accurately modeled and IRS alignment available too. A very well designed add on. If you thought the PMDG was worth the money, I promise that the iFly model is as well. Plenty of liveries available including the AA -800 with winglets. Beautiful exterior lighting textures too!