Editing CFG files

Here's the place to post technical questions about computer systems, optimal performance, hardware upgrades, and how to set the clock on your VCR.

Moderators: Michael Blakely, Todd Meek

Michael Natale
Position: KORD Hub Manager
Hub: RETIRED
Residence: Florida
AAV Total Hours: 3933.5
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Editing CFG files

Post by Michael Natale »

Can anyone help me with editing CFG files in FS9? I am trying to edit .cfg files for FS9 using Windows 7 so that I may add additiional liveries. I keep getting a pop-up window which says access denied.

Thanks
Mike Natale
Wayne Pierce
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2919.7
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: AAL1407 KPHX-KBOS
CHART KBOS-KDEN
AAL1037 KDEN-KPHX

Re: Editing CFG files

Post by Wayne Pierce »

Windows 7 requires you to be in charge of your own computer. You must assign access rights, as you, the administrator. Until you do this you can open files up by right clicking on what you want to do and choose run as administrator. Also make sure you do not have the file open elsewhere by the program already. If it is in use then it may not let you open it up.

The user accountant control needs changing if you want all programs, files and such to open without asking for permission. It is in the control panel, user accounts, change user account settings.
Michael Natale
Position: KORD Hub Manager
Hub: RETIRED
Residence: Florida
AAV Total Hours: 3933.5
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Re: Editing CFG files

Post by Michael Natale »

Thanks for the direction. I can't seem to work this out with my PC but I figured another way. Thanks for your time once again. :)