Loading JPEG image to topic window

Here's the place to post technical questions about computer systems, optimal performance, hardware upgrades, and how to set the clock on your VCR.

Moderators: Michael Blakely, Todd Meek

Michael Natale
Position: KORD Hub Manager
Hub: RETIRED
Residence: Florida
AAV Total Hours: 3933.5
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Loading JPEG image to topic window

Post by Michael Natale »

I followed Sergio's directions on resizing and saving the image file as a .jpeg. I cannot load/move this photo into the topic window in the screenshot entry forum. Anyone with a minute to give me a hand? Thanks a bunch

Mike N AAV1094
Wayne Pierce
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2919.7
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: AAL1407 KPHX-KBOS
CHART KBOS-KDEN
AAL1037 KDEN-KPHX

Re: Loading JPEG image to topic window

Post by Wayne Pierce »

OK ready here we go;
1st, pick the forum you would like to put the photograph. It should be sized and saved on your computer in a place which you can remember where it is and get to it easily, I put it on the desktop for ease of use.
2nd,choose new topic in the forum you want, you must give it a subject name and a text in the body of the message. I test them first to see if it will work by using a . (period as that is a character for the computer).
3rd, under the bottom of the message body is the words save, preview, submit. On the left under that is a heading line that says "upload attachment". Click onthat then on "browse" and it will open a screen as to where you find the picture you want to upload on your computer.
4th, find the picture on your computer and click on the name with your mouse and it will bring the name to the bar which says filename. Then click on "add the file". Now if the file is too large it will tell you in large red letter it is too large. Then you have to resize it.
5th, it is OK the you type in the message area what you want to say. I always use preview to look at what I am doing to make sure it looks perfect for viewing. You can only upload 3 pictures at a time which is why so many replys are in the forum.

That's how it is done thri the AAV site. If you have a private server storage somewhere you can put in a link to the picture and it will access the linked picture that way also. Which that way you can put in as many pictures you want and not use the AAV server space.

That is all, have questions ask.
WLP