HELP! FS9 Keeps crashing!

Here's the place to post technical questions about computer systems, optimal performance, hardware upgrades, and how to set the clock on your VCR.

Moderators: Michael Blakely, Todd Meek

Wayne Pierce
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2925.8
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: COMPLETED KPHX-KBOS
CHART KBOS-KDEN
COMPLETED KDEN-KPHX

Re: HELP! FS9 Keeps crashing!

Post by Wayne Pierce »

Alex, Me thinks you need to start with a fresh new rebuild of the FS program. I used to get those nasty notes also. I tried the virtual memory and it helped. That is a Window control panel setup which I am not going to tackle with you on that. If your using the Win7, I would hope you have the SP1 loaded as it stopped a lot of issues with my computer. You may have enough
HD space on your computer, but what it is reading is virtual space, more than the physical space. (wow that sound deep).

If you have programs running in windows you don't need, shut them off. More than likely you have some that you don't know you have running. Try the "running as administrator thing" and shut off the Anti virus, if any, while you see how things start. It all comes down to the config of your computer for running the FS program. Help is hard from our end as we cannot see your computer.

WLP