That crazy California ATC....

This is the place to post your screenshots!

Moderators: Barry Theodore, Steve Sondheimer

Pete Murray
Position: Pilot
Hub: KORD
Residence: Home of Buckingham Badger
AAV Total Hours: 4506.9
Previous VA Hours: 4038
Current Bid: AA1384 KORD-KLAX
AA237 KLAX-MMSD
AA533 MMSD-KPHX
AA655 KPHX-KPHL
AA204 KPHL-EHAM
QR274 EHAM-OTHH
QR836 OTHH-VTBS
JL708 VTBS-RJAA
JL58 RJAA-KSFO
AA2614 KSFO-KORD

Re: That crazy California ATC....

Post by Pete Murray »

You know, I sometimes get this also in FS9. I have a few cures for this: A. move your traffic slider down a couple %age spots. B. If you are experienced with adjusting AI traffic plans, change about 5 to 10 percent of your total AI flight plans to a value higher than your current traffic slider setting. C. You could always try the add-on programs AISmooth or AISep, but do some reading first. D. Another potential cause, if most of AI aircraft have the same TAS settings, they are all "flying at the same speed", which corrolates to a lot of AI traffic in the pattern at the same time. E. If you absolutely must have all the traffic you want, I have found that most; if not all; AI traffic plans start and end on the top of the minute. (for example, Departure time 13:00:00, arrival 14:11:00). Well, if everyone wants to land on the exact minute and second, guess what???? I have "staggered" my departure times by a few seconds or a couple minutes, (because after all, to be real, how many airlines are pushing back exactly on time, LOL!), and it helps with aircraft taxiing at busier airports and also helps with arriving a/c. I also have tweaked the TAS settings in the AI aircraft settings, some jets fly at 480 kts, some at 476, the heavies are around 500. This helps a lot too, puts AI a/c in the pattern at slightly different times.
There are a few good programs out there that convert the AI plans to text format, specifically for editing. For FS9, I use AITM version 2.0. I can isolate/edit one airport, or one airline and change those items as mentioned, also comes with compiler to make changes applicable when FS9 restarts.

Pete Murray
AAV786

PIREP: Tis windy here in the midwest today, expect some windshear on approach at KORD/KMSP/KDTW/KIND!! :)
PJM