JIA5015 KDAY-KPHL
PDT4833 KPHL-KISP
PDT4833 KISP-KPHL
RPA4443 KPHL-KDTW
SKW3166 KDTW-KORD
AAL52 KORD-KJFK

Indy Superbowl Event

Post by Robert Shepherd »

Hey guys... Some of you may already know that our own Johnny Moore is controlling Indy West CTR for this VatSim event (On our AAV Calendar).

Since there's no specific posted flight plan I plan to fly from KDEN to KIND around 5-ish. If anyone want to fly with me please do! if we get a bunch of people let's figure out a better time that suits everyone as well. But for now I'm planning for 5:00PM EST.

The event runs from 5:00PM to 10PM EST so we have a fairly big window of time to figure.

Anyone interested, shoot me your thoughts on time here...

Thanks!
Robert -
Robert Shepherd
AAV314

Theodore Martin
Screenshot Contest Winner x10
Screenshot Contest Winner x10
Position: DFW Hub Manager
Hub: KDFW
Residence: Dallas, TX
AAV Total Hours: 3172.8
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: AAL2726 KDFW-MKJS
AAL1248 MKJS-KMIA
AAL1276 KMIA-KDFW

Re: Indy Superbowl Event

Post by Theodore Martin »

I flew this event and had John as my center controller. However during my approach I was busy trying to change a frequency or altitude (I don't remember which) and drifted off the localizer. Tower decided to cycle me around again and on my second approach all of my gauges in the VC froze. I could still pan the cockpit and fly the a/c but I had no heading, speed, vertical speed, or localizer info and could not click any switches. Approach control was nice enough to suggest I pause and reload the a/c but when I did it came up cold and dark. Needless to say I just logged out and called it quits.

I had this happen to me once before with the iFly 737NG. I was on climb out when it happen this time and was able to switch to the 2D cockpit and found everything working. Went back to VC mode and all indicators were still frozen. Completed the flight in 2D mode. I should have thought of that during the Indy event but I had too much going on at the time.
Theodore "Ted" Martin
DFW Hub Mgr.
AAV537
ImageImage