Leonardo Fly the Maddog X OUT

This is the place for general questions and discussions.

Moderators: Barry Theodore, Steve Sondheimer

Harold Henderson
Screenshot Contest Winner x13
Position: KPHX Hub Manager
Hub: KPHX
Residence: Knoxville, TN
AAV Total Hours: 3563.3
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Leonardo Fly the Maddog X OUT

Post by Harold Henderson »

Available in both 32 and 64 bit versions.

Maddog X site - http://www.flythemaddogx.com/

Purchase at Sim Market - http://secure.simmarket.com/default-en.html
Wisdom begins when you finally realize someone else is in charge of the universe.
ImageImage

VATSIM Flight Tracking Info
Theodore Martin
Screenshot Contest Winner x10
Position: DFW Hub Manager
Hub: KDFW
Residence: Dallas, TX
AAV Total Hours: 3172.8

Re: Leonardo Fly the Maddog X OUT

Post by Theodore Martin »

So how does it compare to the Super 80 Pro MD-80?

Did you purchase Maddog X because the Super 80 didn't port over to P3D (I assume you are still using P3D)?
Theodore "Ted" Martin
DFW Hub Mgr.
AAV537
ImageImage

Harold Henderson

Theodore Martin wrote:So how does it compare to the Super 80 Pro MD-80?

Did you purchase Maddog X because the Super 80 didn't port over to P3D (I assume you are still using P3D)?
Yes, I'm finally in P3D 4.1 and bought Leonardo's Maddog since CoolSky seems to have no intention of porting to P3D. I actually had been waiting for the TFDi 717 to come out for 4.1 but they have been dragging their feet. Now, unless something is unflyable with the Maddog, they have just lost a sale. Also interesting that the Maddog comes with TFDi's RealLight and TrueGlass.

Only did one flight so far and that was a short takeoff and manual circuit back to landing. Other than occasional frame rate hits, it went well and I make a pretty good landing. I'll be playing with the graphic settings to see if the install enabled Dynamic Lighting. That has been a frame rate killer for me. The plane feels good. May get some more time in today playing with the FMS and autoflight modes.
Wisdom begins when you finally realize someone else is in charge of the universe.
ImageImage

Theodore Martin
Position: DFW Hub Manager
Hub: KDFW
Residence: Dallas, TX
AAV Total Hours: 3172.8

Post by Theodore Martin »

I know at some point I'm going to have to move to a 64 bit sim. Besides the fact that recently I've been getting an occasional display driver crash, everything has been working so well with FSX and I have some many a/c. I hesitate to switch, but I've started thinking about it. Think I'll give it a little more time to see if one of the 64 bit sims starts to emerge as the fore runner. At this point I'm leaning toward P3D but X-Plane seems to be getting some attention and there appears to be a lot of emphasis being put on Aerofly FS 2 lately (Orbx is now developing scenery for it). However after looking at some of the videos I think Aerofly FS 2 is behind and has a ways to go yet. Also not may a/c for it yet I don't think.

Anyway I'll give it a little time and see who come's out on top.
Theodore "Ted" Martin
DFW Hub Mgr.
AAV537
ImageImage

Harold Henderson

Ted, I'm sticking with P3D as my main 64 bit sim. I have X-Plane 11 and have played with it and have bought a couple payware a/c - 727, E175, Q400, etc. It definitely has some plusses and minuses re P3D; however, I just keep falling away from it because I have not been able to figure out how to make the controls less sensitive. They are just waaaay too sensitive, and this is a major aggravation every time I fly. Besides, some of the payware vendors are making their 64 bit versions available as free upgrades, other's have an "upgrade" charge, and others are treating the 64 bit versions as new a/c.

I did get a AAV flight in yesterday with the Leonardo Maddog. It works much better than my memory of how to fly the MD-80. Was having trouble with climbs and descents and realized at the end of the flight as I was looking at the MCP buttons that I had forgotten to engage VNAV! My next FREQ will be flown with the MD-80.
ImageImage