You can fly a real 737NG Sim

This is the place for general questions and discussions.

Moderators: Barry Theodore, Steve Sondheimer

Greg Gemelli
Position: Pilot
Hub: KORD
Residence: Boise, ID
AAV Total Hours: 1299.4
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Re: You can fly a real 737NG Sim

Post by Greg Gemelli »

Jeff Weitkamp wrote:If you live in or are visiting the UK you might check out this 737 Sim for as little as 99 pounds.
http://lrops.com/experiences/store.html

Of course getting to the UK is a little tough right now.

Does anyone know of anyplace in the US that does this?
There are several 737 sims throughout the US but not for $150 USD which is the equivalent to 99 BP. Most are used only for training and many are owned by the airlines who fly the 737. I would look at type rating programs that are not airline affiliates if your serious and see if you can rent by the hour. If you can I would expect the price tag to be pretty steep. I think FSI has a few scattered across the US also so you may do some research to see which facilities have then and then contact them for pricing; again be ready for sticker shock. If you can even find a place to rent time to you for leisure expect at least a $1000 USD per hour price tag for the sim and a tech to run it for you. LOL, by the time you cut through all the red tape it would be cheaper to buy a ticket to the UK and use the one you found. I have some time in a few different sims (777, 727, 737, ERJ and EMB). The first 4 were just through folks I know who could arrange it (free) and the EMB is the plane I fly so I go 2 times a year for recurrent training. The cost per hour for our sim, the EMB, is just under $1000 but this includes pay for me, my partner and our instructor along with operational costs. Basically sims in the US are insanely expensive and unless someone else is paying for it or you can work a inside hook-up for a some free time it's not worth it in my opinion. Short of the motion FS is just as realistic from a procedural standpoint these days.

The last time I was at FSI for training the G550 sim was open and they let us mess with that for an hour. So if your on the inside its easy to get to mess with a sim but if you don't have access it's super spendy and not worth it in my opinion. Heck for $100 you can go to a local FBO get with a CFI and go fly a C172 for real for an hour.

Cheers
Greg Gemelli
London-Heathrow Manager
SKW ERJ175 CA
Wayne Pierce
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2937.5

Post by Wayne Pierce »

Hey, now here is an idea, :idea: I will rent my cockpit to you for the time needed for $150.00. AAV members, double. It is not a 737 but will do in a pinch. :D It has a full range of controls and many, many payware aircraft from props to, YES, even Jets. It has Wideview for full cockpit viewing and FS9 or FSX. :lol: :lol:
Greg Gemelli

Post by Greg Gemelli »

Now that's a sweet deal Wayne's offering :D

I'd take that in a heartbeat instead of having the FAA looking over my shoulder in our sim!!!

Cheers
Greg Gemelli
London-Heathrow Manager
SKW ERJ175 CA
Greg Gemelli

Post by Greg Gemelli »

Jeff, Higher Power Aviation in Dallas leases B737NG sim time. You need to contact them for pricing/availability. Here is their website: http://higherpoweraviation.com/course/d ... r-leasing/

Cheers
Greg Gemelli
London-Heathrow Manager
SKW ERJ175 CA