Flight 1 ATR

This is the place for general questions and discussions.

Moderators: Barry Theodore, Steve Sondheimer

Harold Henderson
Screenshot Contest Winner x13
Screenshot Contest Winner x13
Position: KPHX Hub Manager
Hub: KPHX
Residence: Knoxville, TN
AAV Total Hours: 3564.1
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: COMPLETED KPHX-KNYL
SKW2967 KNYL-KPHX

Re: Flight 1 ATR

Post by Harold Henderson »

Alex - also helps to do the two tutorial flights in the Orientation Manual.
Wisdom begins when you finally realize someone else is in charge of the universe.
ImageImage

VATSIM Flight Tracking Info
Panagiotis Zervoulias
Position: KJFK Assistant Hub Manager
Hub: KJFK
Residence: Greece
AAV Total Hours: 7467.2
Previous VA Hours: 15.8
Current Bid: CHARTER KJFK-EDDF
CHARTER EDDF-KSEA
CHARTER KSEA-WSSS
CHARTER WSSS-EDDM
CHARTER EDDM-ZBAA
JAL20 ZBAA-RJTT
AAL26 RJTT-KLAX
CHARTER KLAX-KATL
CHARTER KATL-EDDF
CHARTER EDDF-KJFK

Post by Panagiotis Zervoulias »

Alex as Harold mentioned before I think that the tutorial flights are the best way to find out the systems of the flight1 ATR. This is a really good model. However be careful with the Autopilot system. Sometimes it oscillates the plane during all the flight and that depends on the airports you depart and arrive. It' s a known bug without a fix from flight 1. At least here in Greece I found a dozen of airports that make the plane to behave like I pass throughout turbulence with the autopilot turning the plane left and right and up and down... Really annoying. Just keep that in mind.
Cheers!!!
Panagiotis Zervoulias
CHARTER EDDF-KSEA
CHARTER KSEA-WSSS
CHARTER WSSS-EDDM
CHARTER EDDM-ZBAA
JAL20 ZBAA-RJTT
AAL26 RJTT-KLAX
CHARTER KLAX-KATL
CHARTER KATL-EDDF
CHARTER EDDF-KJFK

No, not exactly Alex. I was talking about the Autopilot that oscillates left and right during all the flight. It' s something like S- turns and the AP is trying to catch the programmed route but without result. But this has never happened to me when departing from JFK with an ATR. Usually this happens only in "small" airports - and we have a lot of them here in Greece. So departing from KJFK would not be a problem with AP at all.
Wayne Pierce
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2929.8
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Post by Wayne Pierce »

Alex George-john wrote:yeah i guess its just something that happens once in a while. No biggie. But guys i was wondering for vatsim, what you would reccomend. FSINN or Sqwawk Box? i just want it for the GFI stuff so i dont need a complicated system.

Thanks
Alex, The ATR I have set up using my throttle QUAD. One from GoFlight and it performs well with the paid version of FSUIPC. It, the ATR, will not let me set up the condition levers though. I have to manually move those using the mouse.

The "turbulance" you experience happens to me also with different aircraft. That I cannot figure out. I have shut off the thermal areas in FSX ,which seem to be accelerated at times which then act as a tornado, but still get the effect. ???

FSINN or SQB4. I used FSINN for a long time and enjoy it, but i have stopped using it for a couple of reasons. I use SB4 as the frame rates I get are far superior that when using FSINN. I have tried everything to get them up and it won't happen. And I cannot operate my PIC737 with FSINN operating. The problems for that are not addressed by Just flight/ WIlco. The fscopilot.dll causes the aircraft to become non functional.
So I use SB4 and enjoy excellent frame rates and very poor model or none to see the other pilots. It is a basic communication device for VATSIM.

WLP
Panagiotis Zervoulias
CHARTER EDDF-KSEA
CHARTER KSEA-WSSS
CHARTER WSSS-EDDM
CHARTER EDDM-ZBAA
JAL20 ZBAA-RJTT
AAL26 RJTT-KLAX
CHARTER KLAX-KATL
CHARTER KATL-EDDF
CHARTER EDDF-KJFK

Well for me the best idea is a format and a clean install of Flight Simulator and all the addons from scratch. If you have the time for that of course. Believe me it helps. Additionally a second PC only for flight simulator is the best solution. I mean that if you can afford a second PC to run flight simulator - and nothing else except flight simulator - that would be the best solution.