Posible AA-US merge

This is the place for general questions and discussions.

Moderators: Barry Theodore, Steve Sondheimer

Michael Natale
Position: KORD Hub Manager
Hub: RETIRED
Residence: Florida
AAV Total Hours: 3933.5
Current Bid: AAL523 KBOS-KFLL
AAL1419 KFLL-KCLT
AAL1064 KCLT-KLGA
AAL463 KLGA-KDTW
AAL KDTW-KLGA
AAL4426 KLGA-KBOS

Re: Posible AA-US merge

Post by Michael Natale »

Breaks my Heart! Anthing other than bear Tin , red, white and blue and the tradiotional AA symbol on the tail just won't due. Still can't get used to see Continental colors with United on the hull. I've read that the AA symbol is one of the most enduring and recognizable brand symbols of all time. How can you possibly change it?
Wayne Pierce
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Screenshot Contest Winner x24
Position: DFWT-Manager Chief Check pilot
Hub: KPHX
Residence: San Diego, (South County) KSEE
AAV Total Hours: 2937.5
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Post by Wayne Pierce »

New logo?
Attachments
USAA-Airways-Logo.jpg
USAA-Airways-Logo.jpg (62.18 KiB) Viewed 1696 times
Harold Henderson
Screenshot Contest Winner x13
Screenshot Contest Winner x13
Position: KPHX Hub Manager
Hub: KPHX
Residence: Knoxville, TN
AAV Total Hours: 3590.8
Current Bid: AAL1622 KPHX-KMCI
SKW4599 KMCI-KLAS
AAL3890 KLAS-KAUS
AAL3830 KAUS-KRDU
AAL891Q KRDU-KMIA
AAL1397 KMIA-KMCI
AAL1622 KMCI-KPHX

Post by Harold Henderson »

Christopher Dahlquist wrote:But then again...I never went to business school. :roll:
I do happen to know an esteemed AAV leader who all but has his MBA in his hands. Perhaps the distinguished gentleman would spread some elucidation on us?
Wisdom begins when you finally realize someone else is in charge of the universe.
ImageImage

VATSIM Flight Tracking Info
Greg Gemelli
Position: Pilot
Hub: KORD
Residence: Boise, ID
AAV Total Hours: 1299.4
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Post by Greg Gemelli »

US Airways still hasn't finished the last merger they went through with America West. We'll see though as it's going to get tough for both US and AA to compete with the new DL and UA. I still hear rumors that it's possible that SkyWest will buy American Eagle but I don't think it has any merit.

If US and AA merge I def think they would keep the "American" brand. It's far more valuable and iconic IMO, but thats just me and I don't know anything about running an airline. I do know that the days of defined benefit are over and that it's going to get very expensive for pilots in training to meet the min requirements to get a job at an airline once the new ATP rules become effective in 2013. This is going to hit AA very hard as they have a very senior pilot group with lot of pilots hitting 65 in the next 10yrs. Yes AA also has about 1800 pilots on furlough but most are not coming back. So the potential issues that face AA/US are, competing with the new UA and DL, getting rid of an aging fleet of MD80s and if possible find cost savings and efficiency in the form of a merger...and while doing this trying to figure out where they are going to get pilots to fly their planes at the max rate they can afford at a time when the opportunities for pilots are ripe and they will be in high demand.

Anyway... I think that it's very possible this merger will happen. It may be impossible for AA to remain competitive otherwise. Again...we'll see... It's aviation... The game changes daily :)
Greg Gemelli
London-Heathrow Manager
SKW ERJ175 CA