Why can't i have that

This is the place for general questions and discussions.

Moderators: Barry Theodore, Steve Sondheimer

Maratib Ali
Position: Pilot
Hub: KJFK
AAV Total Hours: 702.1
Previous VA Hours: 218.8
Current Bid: COMPLETED KJFK-KDCA
COMPLETED KDCA-KLGA
AAL466 KDCA-KORD
AAL228 KORD-KDTW
AAL1967 KDTW-KPHL
AAL1684 KPHL-KATL
AAL1618 KATL-KMIA
AAL1532 KMIA-MPTO
AAL1474 MPTO-KMIA
AAL1626 KMIA-KLGA

Why can't i have that

Post by Maratib Ali »

I just want a flight simulator in which i could recreat a flight just like a flight in real world,i want a simulator in which i could start a flight at an airport in a any modern jet and flight starts with jetway attached to the door and passengers boarding it then i hear crew explaining safety features of airplane, gates closed,then i taxi to runway and takeoff using FMC and scenery is like a lot of trees and buildings there but the one's which just fullfill the purpose and they are in huge number just like in real world and not to be extra beutiful that i don't need because i don't want to buy a super computer every time a new flight sim is released.During the flight i want to walk around the cabin go to kitchen sit in pax seat and see flight attendent surving me food and seat belt signs and no smoking signs go off and on.An optional option to fly an automatic approach and landing so that i could view landing from pax view sitting in front of an engine.Clouds that make me feel like as if i am in real plane when it passes through not like when get in them they just disapear from the wing and they never touch the wing missing all pleasure of watching them and the clouds which fullfill the purpose not to be extra beutiful and resource consuming.When i land at an airport i want to see runway light like in the real world and not the light which are just bulbs appearing,i want to see the whole white bottom of light just like in real world,in todays sims i just see lights either put on the ground or just floating in air.On finishing flight i just want to see passengers going off the plane throught jetway or airstair whatever is available at that airpot.So why i can't i have a flight sim which just fullfills that purpose? Why should i pay a heavy price for being a flight simmer each time a flight sim is released? Flight sims should be developed by keeping in mind what majority of the people willing to pay for it can afford and whether it will give them what they want.If a flight sim doesn't give what its most loyal customers want then it isn't going to be an all time success(i am not talking about microsoft or x-plane sims here just sims in general).So i see a huge opportunity here for anyone in whole world to make a flight sim according to what thousands of flight simmers want,if such a sim is developed then that is going to be a real success sim.
Michael Blakely
Screenshot Contest Winner x7
Position: CEO
Hub: KDCA
Residence: San Diego (North County)
AAV Total Hours: 3485.5
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: COMPLETED KJFK-KDFW
COMPLETED KDFW-KIAD
COMPLETED KIAD-KDFW
AAL2248 KDFW-KSFO
ASA915 KSFO-KSEA
ASA672 KSEA-KDEN
AAL2771 KDEN-KORD
AAL1918 KORD-KPHX
AAL1945 KPHX-KDFW
AAL2437 KDFW-KLAX

Re: Why can't i have that

Post by Michael Blakely »

Given my first flight simulator back in the 1980s looked like this, I'm really happy and amazed with my choices today.
Attachments
flightsimulator-trs80.jpg
flightsimulator-trs80.jpg (26.68 KiB) Viewed 1540 times
Mike

Bid Theme: Back in the USA
Maratib Ali
COMPLETED KDCA-KLGA
AAL466 KDCA-KORD
AAL228 KORD-KDTW
AAL1967 KDTW-KPHL
AAL1684 KPHL-KATL
AAL1618 KATL-KMIA
AAL1532 KMIA-MPTO
AAL1474 MPTO-KMIA
AAL1626 KMIA-KLGA

Post by Maratib Ali »

Michael Blakely wrote:Given my first flight simulator back in the 1980s looked like this, I'm really happy and amazed with my choices today.
What if i give flight simmers a sim which is not as resource consuming as FSX but gives them wing view,cabin,crew voices,FMC,realistic FDE's and scenery which is just in huge numbers as in real world but not as resource consuming as FSX,i bet simmers will buy my sim instead of that.
Michael Blakely
Position: CEO
Hub: KDCA
Residence: San Diego (North County)
AAV Total Hours: 3485.5
Current Bid: COMPLETED KJFK-KDFW
COMPLETED KDFW-KIAD
COMPLETED KIAD-KDFW
AAL2248 KDFW-KSFO
ASA915 KSFO-KSEA
ASA672 KSEA-KDEN
AAL2771 KDEN-KORD
AAL1918 KORD-KPHX
AAL1945 KPHX-KDFW
AAL2437 KDFW-KLAX

Post by Michael Blakely »

Maratib Ali wrote:What if i give flight simmers a sim which is not as resource consuming as FSX but gives them wing view,cabin,crew voices,FMC,realistic FDE's and scenery which is just in huge numbers as in real world but not as resource consuming as FSX,i bet simmers will buy my sim instead of that.

Which of today's FSX features do you think we should leave out in order to free up resources for the new features?
Mike

Bid Theme: Back in the USA
Maratib Ali
COMPLETED KDCA-KLGA
AAL466 KDCA-KORD
AAL228 KORD-KDTW
AAL1967 KDTW-KPHL
AAL1684 KPHL-KATL
AAL1618 KATL-KMIA
AAL1532 KMIA-MPTO
AAL1474 MPTO-KMIA
AAL1626 KMIA-KLGA

Post by Maratib Ali »

Light bloom,scenery is most important,scenery should tax less resources,clouds,whenever whether is bad they reduce computer's performance.FSX's wing views can be made in a sim as performance friendly as FS9,if you fly IFly's 737 for FS9 you will realise that it is exactly the same as 737-800 VC in FSX but it is in FS9.So FS9 fullfills the purpose of being realistic while FSX is just consumes more resources.Actually most of the simmers don't have enough money to buy high performance computers,so a sim should be performance friendly to fullfill the purpose of being realistic while keeping the sales high. oh i forgot texture for taxiways and runways and runway lights aren't as good,there is aerosoft's texture boosting package,but there should be no such need for such packages.If you add my features in a little bit more beutiful sim than FS9(because people have more powerful computers now) then simmers will buy that sim wouldn't they.
Greg Gemelli
Hub: KORD
Residence: Boise, ID
AAV Total Hours: 1299.4
Current Bid: Awaiting Bid

Post by Greg Gemelli »

Something to consider regarding the "realism" and "visual experience" of FS9 or FSX from a guy who spends a decent amount of time flying in the real world.

First off the "realism" that is offered by todays flight simulators, at least to me is nothing short of remarkable. Yes you can't have it all in regard every minute detail but you get most of it and what you "DO" get is what matters in regard to "REAL" aircraft operation.

Every year I have to go through training and this is done in "state of the art" Level D simulators that cost millions of dollars. Guess what? They don't fly like the real airplane. Guess what? The visuals are terrible. Actually 2 of our CRJ700/900 sims in Salt Lake City were recently upgraded with "High Resolution" visuals. Guess what? It still looks terrible and the result is now the sims run slower and take about as long as a FS reboot to reload. Basically the result of only slightly better visuals in these multimillion dollar simulators is that we spend more time waiting around for the darn things to reload so we can use them for their only intended use.....to requalify pilots to fly planes.

Ok, ok so what does this have to do with FS9 and FSX. Here is the deal and I don't get to spend much time using either these days but they both look "visually" absolutely amazing. Far more realistic than full motion simulators that are millions of dollars more. The truth is that they look more "realistic" than anything except actually flying the actual plane for real. With the evolution of AC for FS9 and FSX it is ABSOLUTELY possible to recreate a flight EXACTLY as we do in the real world. EXACTLY. I do this for a living and I can can say with absolutely certainty that FS9 and FSX allow you to do this EXACTLY as we do in the real world.

As to the loading and unloading of passengers and operating jet bridges. Actually many scenerys DO have operable jetbridges in FS but seriously. Jetbridge drivers? Actual passengers walking onto and off of the plane? Look Maratib and I mean this sincerely. These detail have nothing to do with the "Actual" operation of a flight. In the real world I rarely talk to boarding passengers or listen to their conversations, I spend that time setting up the FMS, reviewing our routing, double checking weather...all of which YOU can do with FS. I do spend lots of time waiting for Jetbridge drivers to show up and operate Jetbridges though so to increase your realism the next time you arrive in JFK and are taxiing to the gate find a remote ramp spot. Pull over and shut down your engines and wait for 45mins. Tell your virtual passengers that you're sorry for the delay but you are waiting for an available ramp agent to show up and drive the jet bridge. Then you can simulate the 25 calls you're gonna get from the Flight Attendants because they have irrate passengers who are now going to miss connections and finally once your 45mins wait is over, taxi to your jet bridge and unload your mostly angry passengers. Trust me and I mean this :) you don't wanna simulate this :D ....

Yeah progress of FS is great but it's always a balance of quality vs performance and I think it's pretty amazing just how realistic it is right now. Enjoy the freedom it offers you :)

Cheers

Greg
Greg Gemelli
London-Heathrow Manager
SKW ERJ175 CA
Maratib Ali
COMPLETED KDCA-KLGA
AAL466 KDCA-KORD
AAL228 KORD-KDTW
AAL1967 KDTW-KPHL
AAL1684 KPHL-KATL
AAL1618 KATL-KMIA
AAL1532 KMIA-MPTO
AAL1474 MPTO-KMIA
AAL1626 KMIA-KLGA

Post by Maratib Ali »

well ok greg i agree with you,and i agree that FSX is more realistic than mutimillion dollar Leveld sim and you can re create actual flight.But we can recreate a flight exactly in the real world since FS2000.But simmers want to see a cabin and during cruise the ability to see a wing like a passenger would see in the real world from inside a cabin,they want to hear crew voices like FS2crew and want to simulate passengers like FSpassengers does and the thing they want most is FMC not the FSX GPS.I know there are people who no longer fly default FSX planes.So the purpose of posting topic why can't i have that was that why can't a sim making company make a sim with these things in there.Simmer's always have to buy payware addons like quality wings 757 wilco airbus etc to satisfy themselves.So there should be a sim more beutiful than FS9 but less resource consuming than FSX and my features in it for it to be all time success sim.Atleast more successful than FSX.You can remove that passenges boarding and leaving plane feature but ultimately simmers might want that even.So its about making simmers happy,we can recreate a flight in the real world just buy downloading charts and flying on VATSIM, but my features will make simmers happy and they will want that sim instead of FSX.ask any simmer whether he wants resource consuming scenery of FSX or my features answer is definitely my features.