AI

This is the place for general questions and discussions.

Moderators: Barry Theodore, Steve Sondheimer

Norberto Rivera
Screenshot Contest Winner x7
Screenshot Contest Winner x7
Position: CLT Commander Extraordinaire
Hub: RETIRED
Residence: Sterling, VA
AAV Total Hours: 2667.4
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: COMPLETED KPSP-KDFW
COMPLETED KDFW-KSHV
COMPLETED KSHV-KDFW
AAL2731 KDFW-KPSP

Re: AI

Post by Norberto Rivera »

Check this thread from the avsim forums: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/50797-remo ... ling-bgls/
Norberto "Bert" Rivera
AAV476
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
"I'm not a real pilot, but I play one on VATSIM"
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
"Sarcasm is just one more service I offer"

Current bid theme: Random Airbus Bid
Check out my aircraft pics on Flightaware.
Pete Murray
Position: Pilot
Hub: KORD
Residence: Home of Buckingham Badger
AAV Total Hours: 4506.9
Previous VA Hours: 4038
Current Bid: AA1384 KORD-KLAX
AA237 KLAX-MMSD
AA533 MMSD-KPHX
AA655 KPHX-KPHL
AA204 KPHL-EHAM
QR274 EHAM-OTHH
QR836 OTHH-VTBS
JL708 VTBS-RJAA
JL58 RJAA-KSFO
AA2614 KSFO-KORD

Re: AI

Post by Pete Murray »

Here's what I would do to remove certain default AI from FS9. 1st...find a program that will de-compile the .bgl file to a text file. There are a couple programs you can dload from AVSIM/Flightsim. My favorite is AITM version 2 which works for FS9, not sure about FSX. Or a program called TTools, which will decompile or transfer all the flights to a text file. You will find the traffic 030528 file in the scenery/world/scenery folder. Follow or read the help section. When it decompiles, it will create 3 text files (airport, aircraft,flightplans)030528. Remember where you saved these!! Next, what is your AI traffic "slider" set to, or what will you set it to be. For me, I put the limit at 90%, makes ORD,DFW,LAX quite packed HA HA HA. You will want to change the % setting to something higher than your AI traffic slider. Next, get some paper and get ready. Open the aircraft030528 file (use WordPad or NotePad!!!!!!) and find which AI you want to change (777,747,GA), write down the AC#. Minimize or close and open flightplans030528 file(once again with Wordpad). You get a whole bunch of flight plans, good. Now CTRL,F to find AC#8 for instance. Scroll over and change the xx% to some value that is higher than your AI traffic slider. (If your AI traffic setting is 33%, make your changes to 34% and higher) And just continue on changing those values, it may take some time. There is a program called yroute that will do this much faster. When your done, SAVE the changes!!!! Close the file, and using Ttools, select the file you just changed and compile. All the changes you made will now be overwritten into the 030528.bgl file. BTW, TTools automatically makes a backup file the first time you decompile, just in case you want to restore everything to square 1. When you relaunch FS, you will a status bar pop up indicating some scenery changes are updating. Let it do it's thing. Then voila. Your AI will still be in the FS aircraft list, they'll be spending some time in boneyard somewhere in Arizona HEE HEE HEE. Just remember that if you overload your .bgl files or set the slider too high your AI will act funny, never land or disappear after landing. FS has to put the AI a/c somewhere and if you load a certain airport with too many planes, all heck breaks loose.
That's called AFCAD and that's a completely different tutorial.
PJM