Wow....simply......wow.

This is the place for general questions and discussions.

Moderators: Barry Theodore, Steve Sondheimer

Theodore Martin
Screenshot Contest Winner x10
Screenshot Contest Winner x10
Position: DFW Hub Manager
Hub: KDFW
Residence: Dallas, TX
AAV Total Hours: 3180.7
Previous VA Hours: 0
Current Bid: COMPLETED KDFW-MKJS
COMPLETED MKJS-KMIA
AAL1276 KMIA-KDFW

Re: Wow....simply......wow.

Post by Theodore Martin »

Chris,
Thanks for the great photos. I saw the news flash on my photo this morning and soooooo wanted to actually see the shuttle. I looked at the planned route hoping they would do a few low passes over Dallas but looks like they will bypass Dallas for El Paso. I even briefly thought about driving to Houston to see it but quickly discarded that thought.

So your pics are the next best thing to being there. Wish I could have seen it up close and personal! :)
Theodore "Ted" Martin
DFW Hub Mgr.
AAV537
ImageImage

Maratib Ali
Position: Pilot
Hub: KJFK
AAV Total Hours: 706
Previous VA Hours: 218.8
Current Bid: COMPLETED KJFK-KDCA
COMPLETED KDCA-KLGA
COMPLETED KDCA-KORD
COMPLETED KORD-KDTW
AAL1967 KDTW-KPHL
AAL1684 KPHL-KATL
AAL1618 KATL-KMIA
AAL1532 KMIA-MPTO
AAL1474 MPTO-KMIA
AAL1626 KMIA-KLGA

Re: Wow....simply......wow.

Post by Maratib Ali »

Well according to me they should have never stopped flying those baby's to space,the russian rockets they use as alternative are even older than this one and they have to takeoff from somewhere in asia,so continuing this project would have been less expensive,plus why retire when something is working fine,i just can't understand,there is an airline in iran which operated 707 until july or september of 2012,such a long time and now retiring,they had spare parts they should have continued shuttle program or developed a new one.Great photos though,you shouldn't call yourself bad photographer,they take similar pics but with more hi resolution cameras.